Thursday 25 October 2007

Welcome to the new Summersdale Martial Arts blog

As it is about time Summersdale started a martial arts blog, that is exactly what we have done! I hope, over the next few weeks, to add articles, new DVD info, special event info, guest blogs from some of the many incredible artists I have the priviledge to work with and much more. If there is anything you would like to ask any of the artists I know, or articles you want to see, I will be happy to relay your requests. Just email me on dvds@summersdale.com. I will pass on all questions (as long as they are not rude!) and do my best to get answers. Whether it is about techniques, general training, the mental side of martial arts, whatever, just ask away!

Incidentally, for those who don't know
Iain Abernethy's new DVD, martial arts fitness drills will be arriving soon and it is set to push the boundaries for martial arts DVD production once again. If you want to train at home but can't get motivated then buy it - it is made for people exactly like you!


We have also just finished an amazing day's filming with the man, the legend, Shihan Chris Rowen. It never ceases to amaze me how incredible his knowledge is and actually, what a genuinely nice and interesting guy he is! The DVD is going to be called 'Beginning Goju-Ryu Karate' (see the pic left) and looks like it will be a real winner! Chris has one of the most incredible backgrounds I have come across, not just in martial arts - if anyone is interested I can get a little biog up of Chris - he is the real life karate kid!

I will also be getting other members of the Summersdale team to publish posts so you can see what we all do, what we are working on and our different takes on the martial arts world!

So once again, let me know what you all want to see here or on the main Summersdale site.


Until then, train well, train safely and train with the best.

Nick

1 comment:

Matthew Sylvester said...

Tommy and Rocky are true pioneers and the TVP system, although designed for boxers, can help people from all martial arts.